Friday, December 12, 2014

Have fun with one of these writing prompts!



Just go for it! NO RULES! Except of course, proofread it!

Have Some Fun!

1.  You're sitting at a cafe, and when you get up to get a free refill, you notice someone has dropped a note on your seat.  What does the note say? Who left it?

2.  Write a 26 line poem. The first line starts with an "A" word, the second with a "B" word, etc.

3.  Adults are so weird because....

4.  Write everything you know about being a human.

5.  You are at the zoo, when all of a sudden the animals start to escape.  You corner a giant panda and yell, "Stop!"  All of a sudden you realize you can communicate with animals. What do you do?

6.  A talking cactus tells you about his dream to fly in a hot air balloon, but he is afraid he will pop it and crash.  How would you talk to him?  How would you help make his dream come true?

7.  What is the worst thing you've ever eaten?

8.  Write about a family of giants who are just trying to find a good place to play ball.

9. Write a conversation your bowl of cereal would have with itself while floating in a bowl of milk.

10.  Every player on the Red Sox gets to choose their own song for when they come up to bat.  If you got to choose your own song, what would the lyrics be? (make up your own song)

25 comments:

  1. Loving Fall in Winter, and Accepting People for Them
    By Evelyn Dickey
    Apples start falling
    Bright red apples
    Cool air is calling
    Do to the howling
    Everywhere I go
    Fall is here
    Go ahead, tell me it’s winter
    Hopefully I won’t get a splinter
    I love fall and you can’t tell me otherwise
    Just call me crazy, fall in winter
    Kidding around won’t make me
    Laugh
    My life is in fall
    Now I need a heavy winter jacket
    Optional? Think again
    Playing indoor games while the snow falls
    Quiet, we’re watching a movie
    Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer
    Shhhhhh it’s my favorite part
    The others accept him for who he is
    U should too
    Violin is fun, same with the Cello
    Winter is cold, it gives me the chills
    X is a letter that is different but still here
    You are unique too
    Zebras are unlike any animal, but they are accepted too.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why does she only eat the marshmellows and not us?" the cereal of the Lucky Charms asked as it was sitting in the milk.
    "First of all, cereal, we taste wayyyyy better than you." one of the rainbows said.
    "Well, even if that was true, no one even likes rainbows." The cereal replied.
    "Excuse me! Everyone likes rainbows!" Another rainbow exclaimed.
    "But I think we can all agree that green hats are the best." said a green hat.
    "Woah, too far. Everyone knows that us hourglasses are the BEST." said a hourglass.
    "SAMEEEEEEEEEE" yelled a demented hourglass. The other charms think that when he was made he got broken in half.
    "Well," started the cereal,"when her spoon comes down whichever charm she likes the most, is the true best." All the charms agreed and waited for the deathly spoon wich determined their fate. After a minute the spoon came down. The charms got ready. She dug her spoon into the bowl picking up 5 green hats, smiling with delight after swallowing.
    "The green hats win!" exclaimed a green hat with clear happiness in his voice.
    "Of course you do realize that the one good thing about being the least favorite, is we don't get eaten as much, wich means we live. But being delisous means being swallowed whole." laughed the cereal.
    "Oh no!" yelled the charms. The cereal was right, they would get eaten!
    And so it went, all the charms got eaten with the cereal left over.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its funny that the other charms are fighting with each other sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Adults are so weird because they think candy is dangerous like a bomb or something. Every time you go to the store, in the checkout isle there is a bunch of candy and gum that lines the shelves each causing your mouth to water uncontrollably. But every time you ask for the smallest thing the answer is "No that will rot your teeth out." I know for a fact that candy will actually not do that unless you eat very large amounts for a certain period of time and don't brush your teeth. I do agree with adults in some cases but not in this case! I'm pretty sure that every kid whose parents or guardians do this would agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adults are so weird. Adults are so weird because they talk to random people they don't even know, for example we were going through customs on they way to Florida and my grandma starts to talk to some random dude she was like "where are you from" and the guy was like “uhh” I was so embarrassed
    Another way adults are weird. They try to hard to be cool if my parents text me they send little smiley faces or something It’s so weird. Sometimes when my dad’s favorite team scores he stands up and does the nana and I’m like “dad your not cool”
    What I am trying to say is Adults Are So Weird
    provided by AASW ( adults are so weird )

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer"
    At first the other reindeer liked Rudolph,
    Because they didn't know he was different.
    Cold, white snow blew in his face when he showed them he could fly.
    Donnor was impressed and said he passed,
    Except when Rudolph's fake nose fell off Donnor kicked him out.
    Falling snow hit the ground when the snow rattled and rumbled.
    Going to leave town on the way,
    He met a misfit elf.
    I am independent he exclaimed!
    Jolting across a long log,
    Kicking snow into the air.
    Laughing on the way the abominable spotted them!
    Mush! Ucorn Cornelious screamed at the dogs.
    Nothing scared them Except the abominable.
    Once they were on their way,
    Proudly they sang almost all day.
    Quietly they snuck past the abominable's dark cave,
    Roar! The abominable awoke with rage!
    Silver and gold is what I want Ucorn said,
    Too much glowing light from Rudolph's nose was shining.
    Ucorn lead the way,
    Vicious teeth of the abominable almost sank into the sled.
    Whoosh the wind howled along the edge of Santa's sleigh.
    Xylophones are the toughest to make the elf said.
    Yes! We are off the island of misfit toys,
    Zoning out Rudolph was home when Santa asked him to guide his sleigh tonight.
    And Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer went down in history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (1) I walk into Bobby’s Café and got a coffee for the start of my day. Once I drank it until there was no more left I went back to the counter to ask for a refill. I got a refill but he told me I had to pay for the refill. “Uuhhh”. I quietly moan as I give him the money. When I got back to my table I noticed that there was a small piece of paper folded up on my chair. I picked it up and unfolded it while I looked around the room for anyone that looked suspicious. I looked at the words shocked as I read them to myself. “Your doom is upon you” I looked closer at the red ink but then I realized that it was really blood. I stared at it for a moment feeling very nauseous then fainted face front on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confidence
    By Samylle Soares
    Always be confident
    Because we can be fabulous role model to younger kids
    Confidence is what we might need if we are performing to your family or your entire school
    Do not forget that if anyone does the right thing you will boost your self-confidence
    Encourage yourself to use confidence
    Find your confidence then use it
    Got confidence then show it
    Hard to find do a good deed and it will be found
    In your future confidence will come in handy
    Just try to push it out
    Know that confidence
    Lets your day be very happy
    Many people use self-confidence to show someone you have it
    No confidence is not acceptable
    Only when you need your confidence it will come to you
    Personality will help you go all the way
    Quiet is not part of confidence
    Rest yourself to get a lot of confidence for that big moment
    Stay confident no matter what
    To help people with confidence will make your day or that person
    Use confidence every day
    Very little confidence might even work
    With help from you can make a day
    X out that one person who does not use confidence
    You will find a way to use confidence
    Zero confidence can put you in a bad place if someone else is in need

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wolfe, Paw, Hot dog, and Tommy were the happiest giant family there was. Until one day when they were going to play ball something terrible awakened “there’s no room cried Tommy!” all of the giants were turned down. Until a magical waffle showed up and said “I will make more land, but you must promise to be very good until I come back with the spell” the giants were delighted and they all promised to do so. When the waffle came back she was happy to see that the giants had been very good so she poured some of the potion onto the small land and the land started to go on many miles the giants were super duper happy. And from today on the giants always play ball.
    The end
    I fixed a spelling error

    ReplyDelete
  9. The worst thing that I ever ate was brussels sprouts. They have the most DISGUSTING taste and smell that I have ever experienced! All that I remember is when my mom and I were driving home from the grocery store and I asked her what the awful stench was, she said that they were roasted brussels sprouts. When we got home she told me to try one , but I refused. Finally, we came to a agreement that I would try one of these horrible vegetables. Nervously I plopped one into my mouth! It tasted exactly like the smell of dirty feet. Yuck! QuickIy, I swallowed it and did not try another. That is the most horrid thing I have ever ate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Mr. Peterson stepped out of his limo he rushed quickly inside of the restaurant. When he sat down he and his wife looked at the menu, I know just what I want he said, “what” his wife exclaimed I am going to get the Cesar salad he said, me too! As they were waiting Mr. Peterson and Mrs. Peterson had to go to get some refills of the yummy juice they had just drank as they were going they met up with their waitress and told her they would be right back, she was ok with that and so on the Petersons went. When they came back there sat a letter on Mr. Petersons chair, hmmm he thought as he opened it up. In the letter it said Dear Mr. and Mrs. Peterson I am writing to say the juice you just got is POISONIOUS!!! So do NOT drink it. Oh no I already drank half they both said what are what are we going to do cried Mrs. Peterson “Wait!!” look at the bottom it says just kidding happy holidays from: The Great Salads Restaurants. Phew they both said and happily ate their salad. That was the great story of the Petersons and there very fun day! I hope you enjoy your holidays with letters. If you want comment below tell me what you liked or what you thought the letter should of said!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really strange that the worst thing that I have ever eaten was actually a Jelly Bean. But this was not any normal candy this was a part of a game, so here’s how the game works. So you have a bunch of Jelly Beans in a box and there are ten different ones that for each space you have two different kinds. For example, its my turn, and I spin, and I land on brown, now brown could be delicious chocolate or gross dog food and there the same color so you have to taste it. Now here’s the one that I got, popcorn or rotten egg. As you can probably guess, I got rotten egg! This was the most disgusting, gross, and putrid thing I ever tasted in my life. Luckily my friends and I were doing this at J J’s junction, and trust me if you ate this too you would get an ice cream right after as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got a refill on my mountain dew, when I saw that a mysterious character left a note on my wooden chair at the café. I read the note witch was left saying "Come meet me at the park at 6:00 from" I noticed the rest of the note was torn off. At 6:00 I saw a little red haired girl at the fountain in the middle of the park. "Hello, are you the mysterious person who left this note on my chair?" I asked a little embarrassed. Without looking at me the little red haired girl in a blue flowered dress answered "Yes, I was wondering if you are...." the little girl spun around "MY SISTER!" The beautiful little girl looked like a younger version of me and shocked me with surprised, then I realized, my mom was there too but on the other side of the park, then she gave me a wink as in "That's your long lost sister." I smiled till the ends of my mouth reached my ears. I grabbed the beautiful little girl and squeezed her and played with her all night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Why do cheerios have to be so PLAIN and BORING??" I asked my cereal.
    "Because, there has to be at least ONE healthy cereal!" The cheerios responded.
    "But why do people eat you?" I asked.
    "Oh, people don't eat us." They responded.
    "Well then, who does?" I wondered.
    "Babies eat us! We are all absolutely terrified of them! Some of us are eaten whole, and some fall on the ground painfully, and may be vacuumed up or eaten by the dog! AAH!!!!" The cheerios said in a scared voice.
    "Well then..." I scooped up all of the cheerios in the box and walked over to my baby brother, and before I knew it, the cheerios were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Arthur
    Battled a bear
    Calmly and swiftly
    Dodging the
    Endangered bear
    Fiercely striking to
    Give the bear a big
    Hug
    Instead of fighting
    Just giving a warm welcome

    Kidding around with the bear

    Loving Arthur

    Moaned as a long

    Nap came

    On the other side of the river
    
People calling for Arthur

    Quickly hearing a

    Rustling in the leaves

    Sleepy Arthur

    Taught his people to stop

    Using dangerous

    Violent scary

    Weapons against bears on

    X-Mas so they named the bear
    
Yuletide after Arthurs long nap

    ZZZZZZZZZZZ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "When are we going to find somewhere to play" I moaned. The giant socks had just won the beanstalk series and my family and I wanted to play baseball. The only minor issue was that there’s nowhere to play most of the land is covered with trees. The first few minutes I was excited, as we walked to find land to play on but now, I am exhausted! When two hours past I told my family I gave up but just in the clearing there was cleared land perfect for some family fun! I ran ahead and said "lets play". My mother took off her bag and said "shoot I forgot the ball and bat"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prompt 5, The Worst Thing I Even Ate
    The worst thing that I have ever eaten is a pancake, from a hotel I was living in for 2 days. My brother said that it came out of a machine, which I found disgusting, considering that it could have been there for weeks. It was cold and moist. It tasted something like a sponge that had sat on the floor for 2 weeks, and had picked up all kinds of dust and bits of whatever. It had this aftertaste that made my throat feel like it was being filled with sawdust, and then sucked dry of all liquid, making it feel like my mouth was dry when it really was completely fine. Then, only after I drank 6 cups of water did I feel any respite from the horrible feeling in my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cornered a panda bear and yelled stop! The animals stop so I decide that I could rule the world if I could talk to them. So I ride one of the rhinos named bill to the governor. I demand to rule this state I say. Well I was elected by the people and you come barge in here and demand to become governor he says in a tempered voice. Actually yes I do and if you have any declines I will have my tiger friends rip you to bits. Ok kid no need to go that far lets make a deal you are in charge of the east and west side of the city I get the north and south ok said the Governor. And now ever since the day animals escaped from the zoo half of the city is controlled by governor Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All berries are weird. The berries sleep in cabins also now as the box in the fridge. My berries sometimes dance to Fancy by Iggy during pie time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The worst thing I ever ate is chicken pot pie. I hated it. It had gravy all over it. My mom forced me to eat it. when I cut it open it was disgusting. It had warm carrots, green beans, and broccoli. When i got the taste in my mouth I screamed.The taste gave chills in my body. I could not tolerate the taste on my tongue. That is the worst thing I have ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As I was returning from getting my refill. I noticed that there was a mysterious note on my chair. I placed my drink down and started to read the note. In all capital letters it said FRANKIE WE LEFT FOR GYM CLASS! I remembered when my friend Will wrote me a birthday card and he wrote it all capital letters. I also recall that Luke has written in captial letters for the past 2 test. I looked closely to the note and saw that it was written in green pen. I was now convinced that Will wrote the note, because I remember Will had a green pen in his desk.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m writing about choice number six

    Mr. cactus what’s the thing you want to do most? Hmmmm . To be honest go in a hot air balloon i'm just worried my spikes will make it pop. It hurts to dream big. So what have you tried? Nothing! So do you really want to do this? YES! Then lets try to make it come true. Really you would do that for me? Yah why not? Oh well I don’t know i'm just this random cactus that can talk that you just met. Okay your right but still i'm going to help you. Try these. What are they? Pom-poms. Oh thanks .Do I just put the on my thorns? Yep. All right what are these supposed to do? They are soft so the won’t pop the balloon. Ohhhhhhhh. Okay are you ready? For what? The balloon of course .Yah sure okay I’m ready. Here we go. I’m scared. Don’t be. I’m flying I’m really flying !!! I just had the feeling that I would be able to help you. What’s happening? We are going down we are going down!!! Good-bye beautiful world. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adults are so weird because they tell you not to interrupt them when they are talking but when you start to talk they start a whole conversation for about thirty minutes. Then when you think that they stopped talking and start to talk again they continue the conversation for another fifteen minutes. Adults, chill.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Next can we go to the giant pandas?" I asked my parents excitedly. It was my 11th birthday recently and my parents got me the best gift I could ask for, a trip to California to the San Diego Zoo to see the giant pandas. I am obsessed with giant pandas. I have hundreds of posters of them in my room and even have a giant panda bed spread. "Sure!" said my parents agreeably, as we walked to the giant panda section at the zoo.
    "There they are!" I exclaimed, a baby panda was munching on a piece of bamboo. I walked through the crowd for a closer look. I spotted a sign that said, feed a panda only $35 for kids and $50 for adults. I was about to ask my parents if I could do this when a crashing sound from the nearby lions pen startled everyone. The lions were escaping, and the other animals seemed to be following their lead! I cornered a giant panda by the drinking fountains and yelled "Stop, everyone is terrified!" To my great surprise he actually answered!
    "What good have humans ever done to us, taking down our forests then, putting us in captivity?" He asked me. I was to stunned to reply. He trundled off, Coming to my senses I finally said something.
    "Wait you've got to help!" I exclaimed in a pleading voice. When he started to object I gave him my best puppy eyes.
    "Oh, fine!" He grumbled softly. "What should we do first?" He asked me questionably.
    " Well you can persuade your zoo mates to stop, and I'll make sure the humans are safe." I told him in a slightly bossy voice. " What's your name anyway? Mine's Julia." I told him.
    "The title they gave me here was Tommy." He told me, in an almost proud voice.
    "Well by Tommy", I said sadly.
    "Bye" he said softly.
    I wondered if my parents would allow me to go back to visit Tommy, I sure hoped they would. I thought, as I helped the zookeepers keep the animals at bay. Tommy was trying his best to spread the word to all the animals. Most of them were listening. What a crazy day this is so far!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One sunny afternoon a family of giants decided they wanted to play soccer. "Enough of the eating and lying around," papa giant said. " Its about time our family plays a good game of soccer." So the next morning around sunrise the family of giants set out to find a good place to play soccer. They looked rather silly when they left their home though, they wanted to seem proper so they left so they went in a line and walked with their knees high. Once they had found a field they waited for papa giant to take out the soccer ball and once he did he set it on the ground and practiced his moves when all of a sudden he immediately fell to the ground. As his son came over he saw a snake wrapped around his legs! Then all of a sudden the snake started to speak is a creaky voice" How dare you trespass on these magical lands,go away or I will summon the wizard". So the family of giants left the field and hoped they didn't encounter something like that ever again. As the family of giants strolled along they noticed another large field and decided that it would be a good place for soccer. Then they set up 2 goals by placing rocks next to each other and soon started a game. Not long after the game started there was a very high pitched shriek that startled all of the giants. Once that same noise had been annoying them for quite some time, they left the area because their ears started to hurt. Once they made it back to their house, they were really disappointed that they didn't get to play soccer that day.

    ReplyDelete