Please list your Historical Fiction topics in order from 1 to 3 (1 being your first choice and 3 being your last choice). Write 3-4 sentences describing WHY you want to write about your top choice. This should be a detailed description of why you chose this topic! If two or more people want to do the same topic, I will choose the person who put forth the most effort!
It should look like this:
1. WW II - Specifically, Internment camps in the USA
2. The Great Depression
3. The Civil Rights Movement
My first choice is to write about WW II. I have been very interested in this topic for as far back as I can remember. I have heard stories about my great-grandfather and his service for our country, and I have read books about WW II. "Number the Stars" was very inspiring! I want to write a historical fiction story that is just as suspenseful! However, I am currently very interested in the Japanese Internment camps that were in the USA during the war, so my story will revolve around this.
1. Great American Dust Bowl
ReplyDelete2. Pompeii-the volcano eruption
3. Great Depression
1. Great American Dust Bowl; my first choice is to write about the Great American dust bowl. I find this topic very interesting and I hope to learn more if I do this for my historical fiction writing piece. I’ve read a book about the topic I want to do, it seems very interesting of what happened in that time of the world. I want the American dust bowl because it was a time when our nation has just discovered the land of prairies; they didn’t know what the land held for them. The land they were trying to farm on turned out difficult but they overcame this challenge by putting countless hours of work in. I would like to do the American dust bowl and how it help shape our nation
1: 1963 the march to Washington
ReplyDelete2: 1932 Yankee World Series
3: 1956 when Neil Armstrong lands on the moon
I would like to do "the walk to Washington" as my first choice, one because I saw a movie called "Selma" that was about this topic, so I heard the screams and I saw how inhuman we really were back then. Also we have not gotten that much into Martin Luther King and slavery that much in social studies so it would mean doing some real research and I would like to challenge myself with that.
Also, I would like this topic because I feel that this was one of the most rememberable things that has happened in the 1960's. What happened that night should be described in a detailed story not a movie because if you read this story that hopefully I will be able to do, you will probably not just see the pain in your mind, you will feel it as well.
ReplyDeleteP.S I did not see the part saying 3-4 sentences.
1:Fernando Collor's Direct Ja
ReplyDelete2:Boston Massacre
3:The great depression
Fernando Collor was an elected President of Brazil in 1989. He said that he would help the county, but he didn't. Collor's ''improvements'' failed and he makes the citizens mad. Collor stole money from citizens banks. He also increased the printing of money bills and he made the government's loose the prestige. He caused a lot of hardships in Brazil and yet he was the youngest president in Brazil.
1- WW2 (Concentration Camps)
ReplyDelete2- Titanic sinking (Escaping)
3- Pearl Harbor Bombing
I would like to do World War 2 because it is a very interesting topic that I am eager to research. I feel that I will be able to handle this topic with the right amount of seriousness and create an interesting, action packed and jaw-dropping story about an Austrian boy whose father and older brother are forced to join the Nazis and his mother, two sisters and himself are sent to a concentration camp. I do not know everything about World War 2 but I would enjoy a challenge and hope to master the topic. I look forward to writing my Historical Fiction Essay.
1.Boston Tea Party
ReplyDelete2.Boston Massacre
3.Pompeii volcano eruption
I would like to write my historical fiction piece on the Boston Tea Party. I have become fairly interested in this topic in social studies and would like to continue to write and learn about it in class. I have many sheets of information from Mrs. Chapman, and a great understanding of the event. When writing the story the perspective would be from a little girl who's uncle is Paul Revere. In the piece the Stamp Act will come up, and will describe how the girl and her family start to have financial problems. I believe this piece will be very interesting and descriptive in the final product.
American Revolution
ReplyDeleteCilvil War
Vietnam War
I want to do the American Revolution because there are so many battles to base it of off. I find the beginning battles, like the battle of Fort Ticonderoga,interesting because it is when the battles start to turn around and more countries join. What is very strange and interesting is a German officer working for the British goes off and trains the colonists. The colonists go and win the Battle of Saratoga. Having French involved makes writing about the American Revolution more interesting to me.
1. Insane Asylums (1935 when “leucotomy” was invented)
ReplyDelete2. Slave Trade (Triangular Trade Route during the 13 colonies)
3. Boston Massacre
I would like to write my historical fiction piece on Insane Asylums in 1935. I find them interesting the way we treated the mentally ill. I have already done some research, finding out that there were two in MA, one in Danvers and in Waltham. It would be interesting to see how a patient was treated in our own state only a little time ago. I have seen a movie about them. Even though it was only based on real events, having some parts exaggerated; it sparked an interest in the topic.
1.Pearl Habor
ReplyDelete2.American Revolution
3.French and Indian war
The attack of Pearl Harbor was a surprise military strike conducted by the Imperial Japanese Navy against the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Pearl Harbor killed and wounded over 3,000 people, and 5 out of 10 battleships of the Americans where destroyed or lost. Two other ships sank but where recovered, and the last three where damaged but where not lost or destroyed.
1: Civil rights movement
ReplyDelete2: Concentration camps
3: JFK is assassinated
I was first interested in the Civil rights movement recently when I watched a movie called “The Help.” The movie made me more interested in African American history and sacrifices. I believe that if I end up doing this topic I will make the paper influential, suspenseful and have the emotional factor that it needs and deserves. It will be about a African American maid that works to keep her life. She will preserver through the mean comments being said about her race and learn that color doesn’t say who you really are. I promise that if I do end up doing the topic that I described in this paragraph I will take this story and for once let the ones being hurt have a opinion of who they want to be instead of someone else choosing that for them. Those are the reasons I want to write about the Civil rights movement!
1. Civil War
ReplyDelete2.World War II
3.Boston tea party
I would love to do the civil war because it was so inspiring to me. I was interested in the battles and how women would dress as men to fight in the war for their country. Having that said I would enjoy to learn more about this and have fun writing! What most interested me was what the women did that was so inspiring. When I write the story the perspective would be a women going to fight disguised as a man to save her country. I really hope I get this topic and even if I don't I'd love to learn more about this historic event!
1. Sinking of the titanic.
ReplyDelete2. The great depression
3. Stamp act + Townshend act + Intolerable acts
I would like to write about the sinking of the titanic because I think that it would be a very interesting topic to research. I don't know a lot of details about the titanic so I would be learning something new. My story would be about a 1st class passenger and a 3rd class passenger that become friends. The 1st class passenger is almost a complete opposite from her parents. The 3rd class passenger loses his parents in the sinking. I also feel that in this story I could have a lot of funny parts, exciting action, and a lot of detail. I also think that I could write a very long-ish piece with this story.
1. Korean War ( NAVY)
ReplyDelete2. Vietnam
3. Pearl Harbor
I want to do the Korean war because my grandfather was in the NAVY fighting in the war. He was a Gunner that means he worked launching missiles, rockets, and worked on the centry which is a machine gun. I wanted to base the story on my grandfather because I want to thank him for protecting are country. I also want to do this topic because I think I will learn valuable knowledge about the war. This topic would be awesome to right about.
1. Boston tea party
ReplyDelete2. Dust bowl
3. The fur trade
I would like do do number one because the Boston tea party was an amazing thing. I know a lot about it and who acted in the act. Boston tea party has many good vibes and says how strong our contry really is! I would also like to learn more about this topic too!
WWII D-day
ReplyDeleteCalifornia gold rush
The shot heard round the world (1951 New York Giants)
I would like to do D-day in World War II because I have watched a couple of shows in a mini series about a troop called Easy company. I was really interested in this topic because I have always wondered what it would be like to jump out of a plane into the line of fire.The story will be in the perspective of an American paratrooper.
1. Great depression
ReplyDelete2. Titanic Sinking
3. California gold rush
I would like to write about the Great Depression as the perspective of a boy who's father just lost his job. His father would soon be needed to get his job back, after being in dept. His dad would even get promoted, and his family would have a better life. I would like to write about this because it amazes me that so many people could be in dept. I really want to learn more about this topic, so I hope I can write about it.
WWII
ReplyDeleteVietnam war
The hindenburg
I would like to do WWII because recently i have read many book about it currently. In my story you would follow a polish spi who goes undercover in a german concentration camp. He has two goals to get info on where there main base is and to help other soldiers escape. I want to do this topic because i learned that the nazis where very offensive to the jews and that they had taken over so much land and killed so many people that it was like they werent even human. The war lasted 6 years and there were over 50 million causultys.
1.Bay of pigs
ReplyDelete2.pearl harbor
3.holocaust
I would like to research the Bay of Pigs, my dad was telling me about it and it seemed like an interesting topic to follow. The bay of pigs was a failed military invasion of Cuba undertaken by the CIA - sponsored paramilitary group on April 17, 1961. A counter-revolutionary military, trained and funded by the United States government's CIA, Brigade 2506 fronted the armed wing of the Democratic Revolutionary Front and intended to overthrow the Communist government of Fidel Castro. I am very excited to research this topic and look forward to learning more about that time in history