I THOUGHT we created some very educational, well-defended arguments and presentations! In the end, I feel like we met our goal of teaching each other about the biomes rather than just presenting information.
Feel free to comment/compliment classmate's project, or ask them a clarifying question. Maybe they still haven't convinced you!




Directed to Julia K group/project: I think you guys did a great job on customizing and making the poster,but you didn't convince me enough, I feel like you didn't say it needed to be on a beach or near ocean water for your animal. so I got a little confused. I was also confused with height and width of the animal. If you could post back to me that would be great. I thought your group poster and evidence was great I was just confused with a little parts of the poster. PLEASE POST BACK
ReplyDeleteArmobadger Group,
DeleteI too am wondering how big you think your animal is. Did the original picture of the armobadger provide any clues as to its size?
We did notice first that it had protection from its shell, long claws for burrowing, and a mouth for eating insects or maybe vegetation. To my opinion, I thought we should relocate it to a disugueus forest biome, but got voted out 3-1. I wanted to do this because this biome will have insects like ants, spiders, caterpillars, ext. dirt for burrowing, and had fur and a shell to keep it warm in this moderately cold biome.
DeleteIt would also have came if it hid in dead grass because it has a yellowish color. Please comment on my last two posts and tell me what you think
DeleteThat's a great conclusion Luke! The armobadger is actually the size as a young adult sea turtle! Let us know if you have anymore questions!
DeleteAlso, I get that we did not really provide good proof that the armobager needs water which I do think actually does not but the thing that we were saying was that it needs to stay by the water so it can stay wet and not over heat I don't think that it really needs it for hydration because, and this is a little gross but if it eats bugs and small animal raw then I think that it drinks their blood as well. 😝😳
DeleteFor Ryan's group I liked your presentation but I'm still not convinced! Where specifically would your animal live? Like would it live near a forest, in a forest? Also where was it relocated to? I really liked your statements and argument but I was confused on a few things. PLEASE POST BACK!!!
ReplyDeleteKate we have officially moved it to a prairie in the Midwest. We decided that this biome would be good for our animal. The animal will survive well there because of the plants/insects and the big open space.(seeing that was one of the problem in the rain forest) We hope the Allihorse survives and lives a happy life in its new biome.
DeleteI agree because in the picture it looks like it is in the grassland but how did it change to the forest? Because in the grassland there is more space to run but in the forest it is all packed tight, also there is more things to dodge if they are running from a predator like a jaguar or puma. But in the grassland it would be easier to run away because there is nothing to dodge but very small amount of trees and bushes. But in other words I think that you guys put in a ton of effort.
DeleteTo the Ricky group:
ReplyDeleteI thought your pamphlet was very creative and to the point. Very few errors were made during you presentation however, I am having trouble recalling wether or not you explained about the animals shelter in this new biome. The only thing about shelter that I can remember that you talked about was that he live amongst the other creatures. Was there any specific shelter for Ricky? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and to answer my question.
Ricky's shelter would be leaves, trees, and caves.
DeleteI would like to compliment all groups for the organization and effort each project showed. Each gave diagrams descriptions, and pictures of their animals, which showed extra effort. The photo shop in some of the projects really let you picture the animal in its new habitat. I hope all that was denied give it another shot, so your animal can have a suitable home.
ReplyDeleteGreat compliment, Molly! I especially liked all of the photo-shopped pictures too!
DeleteTo the aillahorses group: I still do not understand why this creature should be in the biome you chose because there is not much open area in the rainforest to graze. I also have to say I loved the set up of your presentation it was very amusing!
ReplyDeleteTo the Pacamama group,
ReplyDeleteDid the Pacamama live in groups or alone? Because of the Alpaca characteristics I would think groups, but I don't know about red pandas.
I also agree with you Henry, but also in the background of the actual picture it shows the pacamama in a colder biome. So if the pacamama is moved to somewhere warmer wouldn't that effect its daily lifestyle and how it survives?
DeleteNo one has answered Henry's question. Frankie, they DID move it to a deciduous forest. Remember, it started out in my basement! Can you rephrase your question for this group?
DeleteActually we believe that Ricky is part red panda and part llama. Also, packamamas would live in groups.
DeleteWhat is the allihourses scientific name?And how do you know the allihorses depth reception is horrible?Also what is the allihourses source of food?I think your group worked very hard on this project and you should be very proud of it!:)
ReplyDeleteGreat question Viola!
DeleteGet creative, guys!
See if you can do some research and join the two animals' scientific names together.
Viola its source of food would be insects, plants and some types of fish. Also if your saw our presentation you would seen that the Allihorse head is alligator. so we did some research and we learned that alligator has horrible depth perception because of its eyes it points outward not straight like ours,so it makes the eyesight pretty bad. Seeing that the animal has bad eyes its replaced with great hearing. (Viola you can also ask our animal expert Will Molloy about depth perception.)
DeleteThanks I just needed some clarification!:)
DeleteThe allihorses scientific name is the Equusippiensis because I took the first half of the horses scientific name and the end of the the alligators to make the Equusippiensis
DeleteI have a question for the armobadger group:
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was great, but it just seems like you couldn't tell me enough of why armobadger should be in a tropical rainforest. Can you give me a little more reasons why a tropical rainforest is good? Thanks!
Can you be a little more specific, Jake?
DeleteOk Jake, Julia , Brain and me all decided for the tropical rainforest because the rainforest is full of bugs for the armobadger and the cost (beach) is the most perfect hiding spot from its predators because of its sandy texture! Thanks for the wonderful question and give us more questions if your still confused
DeleteAnother thing:
ReplyDeleteFor the group for Kate, Emmy, Henry, and Julia
Can you tell me more about why your animal (sorry, i forgot the name) should be in a grassland? And can you also explain:
The size of the animal
Jake, we placed the tapirephant in a grassland biome because it has plenty to eat and would really not fit in anywhere else. For example, if we had placed the tapirephant in a tundra he would be very cold, in a desert he would not have enough to eat/drink. If we had placed him in a deciduous forest he would not have much shelter because he is quite large. He is a grazing animal if we put him anywhere but the savanna, he may not get the grass he needs to survive. His size as we explained during the presentation is about the size of a hippo.
DeleteIt is a savannah and because he has everything he will need to survive. Also he is the size of a hippo which is much bigger than his predators.
DeleteI agree with Kate and Julia!!!
DeleteArmobadger group, please tell me more about the animals characteristics, including the size of the creature and how his features help him survive. I don't get how the characteristics such as ears, eyes, mouth, size help it in the tropical rainforest. Also how does it camouflage in the biome you placed it? PLEASE RESPOND!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThe armobadger is very secretive and defensive because it's medium sized ears help it ear 10 minutes away and the eyes are just pupils because then the armobadger can see way more than with the white of its eyes! Also yes the mouth is very questionable but if you understand us than you'd know the medium sized mouth is perfect for digesting the large bugs and rats!
DeleteI think that rickys groop did a very well job on presenting why thier animal should be moved. I had a realy interesting question is the pacamama nice to other animals or is it hostile to other animals.
ReplyDeletethanks! Ricky is very nice to other animals.
DeleteThis question is for the Armobadger group. Why would your animal eat insects? Badgers eat plants and animals, not insects. Also, I don't see why your animal would need water, please let me know if there is a reason.
ReplyDeleteIt would eat insects because a armadillo eats them. It does not need water but it was relocated to a tropical rain forest on a island there for it is surrounded by water.
Deleteto the group with the armobadger: I really liked your presentaition . I thought you guys did a great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Evelyn, but to my opinion, I did not think that we did not have much detail about why it should live in this biome. I thought it should live in a disiguest forest biome. I have reasons if you look at my comments at Luke's post.
Deleteso Brian, did you disgree with your group?
DeleteAllihorse group: I'm still wondering how big is its head since you said its an alligators head how big would it be?
ReplyDeleteAnthony what alligator are you talking about,because every alligator has a different size and weight.
DeleteThe alligator head on the Allihorse Luke
DeleteAllihorse group: I am still confused why you would put the creature in a rainforest were it doesn't have very much room to roam and run. Horses like to do this so I think the allihorse would be better suited in a different biome. Also what size is the allihorse?
ReplyDeleteHere's a update we have relocated our animal to a prairie in the Midwest of the usa. We chose this because of the big open land.(seeing that was one of the problem in the rain forest)
DeleteWe realized that after Mr. Pestone said that if our horse breaks a leg it will have to be put down. We changed our biome to a grassland in the Midwest. Now it will have plenty of room to move and still enough water and food.
DeleteAll I said was, "What would happen if it broke it's leg?"
DeleteYou guys figured out the rest!
Thank you for the clarification.
DeleteDirected to Henry's group: what place of Africa are you relocating to. Will the enviroment of that animal be protected by people,if not wouldn't die because of poachers. PLEASE RESPOND
ReplyDeleteFor the armobadger group, could the armobadger's shell also be used for something else like camouflage?
ReplyDeleteTo the allihorse group, I do not think it could defend that well with its mouth because to its body, it looks relatively small. I know it could run away because horses are very fast land animals. Please respond back and tell me what you think.
ReplyDelete