Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Surviving the Applewhites!

Zedediah tells Jake that he will, "Learn who he is and what he is made of" at the Creative Academy.  So far, what do you think he is made of?  What is his potential/strength? Make an inference with a clue from the text!

15 comments:

  1. I think that jake is made up of courage, strength, anger and fear. I think that his strength is letting his feelings be heard very clearly or being like a shut trunk letting no one know his feelings. I think he has potential to be a wrestler or fighter because he has a strong body and a lot of anger. I infer that Jake will see that being good will make good for himself because he has been good in the book recently and has got a good life and new interesting information which he seams to like more than the thoughts of juvie and gross food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree when you say he is bad as i think he is not really all he is cut out to be.

      Delete
  2. I think Jake would be good at physics because fire is part of science and he burned his old school down and he knows a lot about fire and other types of physics. I think when Zedediah told Jake that he will learn what he is made of that Zedediah meant that Jake will find something that he will enjoy and be good at. It sounds like Jake is good at science because of E.D's butterfly project that Jake had to do and he was pretty good at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very scientific responsponse Allie. I really like how you made connections.

      Delete
  3. I infer that Jake's potential is that he is adventurous and is willing to take risks. I think this because he burned down a school and that was surely a risk, but I think Jake just needs to learn what risks are worth taking and which are not. Burning down a school was definitely not a risk worth taking because it put other people in danger. Even still, I think Jake can learn from his mistakes and develop some character traits that are great to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really great response Olivia because how you said he needs to learn a good route about risks i think that is true.

      Delete
  4. I think that Jake is made out of sugar and spice and everything that is kinda nice.He tries to be mean but he really has a soft side if we dig harder. He is like a shell- tough to crack but once you crack it it has a soft gooey inside. Jake has POTENTIAL to be nice, smart and trustworthy if he would just give up trying to be mean. His strength is definitely acting - hes a great actor if he can act mean but really be nice on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far in the book I think that Jake is made up of being mean and not caring about anything. I think that because he will not listen to whatever anybody says because he does not care about anything and everything has to be his way. I think his potential strength will be dancing because, he will not admit that he is really good at dancing because he thinks he will be made fun of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that he might make a great dancer. But do you really think hes bad? I disagree on that.

      Delete
  6. I think Jake is made up of fearless and goodness. I think he burn't down the school just for attention. I think, thank in the inside of Jake's heart, he wishes he was good and regretted burning down the school. I think he's going to be nothing like his parents (who are in prison).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that he burnt the school for attention. That is a great idea Christian.

      Delete
  7. I believe that Jake is made up of his courage and perseverance. He must of had a lot of courage to burn down his school and start smoking. He had to persevere through his parents going to jail. I believe that those are his strengths too. He is not very friendly yet, but he thought about how bad it would be to go to juvenile schools, and that caused him to think about changing his behavior. This will eventually cause a change in behavior from Jake and that is why Zedediah said those words to Jake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you saying that he had to persevere through his parents going to jail. Maybe that is the reason he burnt down his school. He also must have had a ton of courage to burn down his school.

      Delete
  8. I believe Jake is made up of courage, fearlessness,and a little bit of strength. He probably had courage to burn down his old school. He is also fearless because when the goat came charging at Jake he didn't even flinch. It also takes a lot of courage to have your parents go to jail and not think about it 24/7. I also believe Jake is a little soft because he said "I won't tell anyone that burning down my old school was an accident." He is also afraid of Jouvie ,so he is afraid of somethings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that Jake is actually really nice, and sad that his parents are in jail, so he takes it out on others, and show his anger by putting a wall of the " Bad Boy" rep in front of his real self and personality. I don't think that he even tried to burn down his school. I infer that Jake will show his true colors at the very end, and breaks down the wall of the " Bad Boy" rep and everyone will realize the truths of Jake Semple.

    ReplyDelete