Not just a collection of thoughts and pictures, but an archive of discoveries and conversations made by the students in room 143.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Museum of Science Assembly
Who can explain the science behind the cloud she formed? What about the stage lights which mimicked the sun? What about the hot-air balloon? EXPLAIN IT LIKE A SCIENTIST!
An idea I had about the hot air balloon and how the hot air and cold air changed the way the balloon floated, was this. Hot air causes steam to come up and float around. However, when you're dealing with cold water, nothing seems to happen. I think this is the same with the hot air balloon. When hot air was put into the balloon, it floats around. When cold air was put into the balloon, nothing happens. So, I predict that the hot air acted like steam from hot water.
With the stage lights i thought it was the lamination. I think inside it was special paper but outside i think it was the glossy surface and heat was probably attracted to the black.It was sort of like a photo. There surface is glossy and if you put it under heat it looks different
The molecules in hot air are father apart and this makes the balloon rise. Molecules that are closer together from cold air take up less space and that's why it doesn't float
An idea I had about the hot air balloon and how the hot air and cold air changed the way the balloon floated, was this. Hot air causes steam to come up and float around. However, when you're dealing with cold water, nothing seems to happen. I think this is the same with the hot air balloon. When hot air was put into the balloon, it floats around. When cold air was put into the balloon, nothing happens. So, I predict that the hot air acted like steam from hot water.
ReplyDeleteWith the stage lights i thought it was the lamination. I think inside it was special paper but outside i think it was the glossy surface and heat was probably attracted to the black.It was sort of like a photo. There surface is glossy and if you put it under heat it looks different
ReplyDeleteThe lights were really bright on a smaller object the object turns the light into heat just like the sun
ReplyDeleteThe bright lights were like a sun and since they were wearing black it made them hotter.
ReplyDeleteThe molecules in hot air are father apart and this makes the balloon rise. Molecules that are closer together from cold air take up less space and that's why it doesn't float
ReplyDeleteI learned that dark collars are cooler than warm ones
ReplyDelete