Ok, so not all of these are "children's" books. Even so, they are all classics!!!
I still remember the very first time I read Green Eggs and Ham, Strega Nona, Curious George, Where the Wild Things Are, and of course, Jumanji! They're all such great stories.
Oh, and how could I forget, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Possibly the funniest book ever written...
I also see some of my other favorites that are more suited towards 5th grade, like: Hatchet, Holes, The Giver, and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.
Here is the link to the list: http://www.slj.com/2013/09/books-media/nypl-unveils-list-of-100-top-childrens-books-of-the-last-100-years/
STUDENTS...Do you spot any of your favorite books on the list? (click on the link above for the list)
...Why are they your favorite books? Tell us!!!

.jpeg)

I really liked tales of a fourth grade nothing
ReplyDeleteI read it last year with my class too and we always wanted to read it because it was so interesting and funny!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite book was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss because it was a really funny book.
ReplyDeleteI like Harold and the Purple Crayon because he builds the story as he goes.
ReplyDeleteI loved Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.k Rowling because it was really intresting and i couldn't put it down i read it when i was 8
ReplyDeleteMy favorite children's book was Olivia the pig. I loved this book because they are so funny and I just loved the pictures and concept. I started reading them when I was little because my name is Olivia like the pig.
ReplyDeleteSame here Burke i love Harold and the purple it's very interesting what he draws through the story.
ReplyDeleteWow I saw a ton of books I love Charlotte's web its one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI love the book the snowy day and Winnie the Pooh.
ReplyDelete