Monday, January 12, 2015

Vocab!


You need to create fill in the blank vocab sentences for your friends to solve!

Here is an example of what I want you to do:


Ashley proved to be a very _________________ builder, constructing her hut out of many different materials she found on the island.


Find the word!      -Mr. Pestone


-After you make your own posts, write down (on paper) answers to at least five of your classmate's sentences and bring them in to check tomorrow morning.  We will use them to review.

Your sentences should be well constructed without any errors, and demonstrate your understanding of the word!

75 comments:

  1. My grandmother walked back to her ___________ after visting her neighbor.
    When I donated a new jacket to a child without one this winter, it was so ____________ to see the smile on their face .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please revise your first sentence.

      Delete
    2. My grandmother's ___________ is made out of the earth and many logs, along with natural resources.

      Delete
  2. When we were driving in the car I saw the beautiful _________ which shined in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ________ to the people that have not eaten in the last days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New one: It was ___________ to see that the war has stopped.

      Delete
  4. Jenifer was being so ________________ by giving up her time to make other people fell gratifying. In the story long walk to water salva had to ______________ through many people to see if that bright orange head scarf is his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister will ______________ the race so she can go to Starbucks. The unicorn was so ____________ because she gave the girl rainbow candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob's teacher_________ hope in Bob when he did not fix a bad score on a math test, that also lead to Bob giving up in math.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the ______ you can clearly see all the sediments that show the unique art of this structure, and how long it has been standing there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I walked by the huge_____, and stopper and stared as it towered over me.
    He had to ________ his trumpet when he quit band.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bob was-------- when he found his football on his door step this morning. John walked up the ------ with his monkey on his back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my trip to the museum of science I saw a --------, at the Navajo expedition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. James's ________ had a gratifying effect on the family he donated his time and effort for after a horrific hurricane.
    I chose to _________ my urge to join my friends when they were planning to vandalize the school because I knew what the right thing to do was.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very ______ when I donated some money to a local hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very ______ when I went to a local hospital and donated my money to the children who were sick.

      Delete
  13. As I was watching the movie about the --------- lifestyle. In the movie it show a picture of a hogan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was at a fair, lots of people ______ me as I tried to make my way through the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At the mall I was ___________ because I bumped and brushed against other customers.
    My friend rolled down the tall, steep, flat sided _________ after our soccer game.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The carnival was filled with many people, as i tried to get through i was ____________ back and forth through the crowed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The video i watched about the __________ was cool because it told about there lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nature video on discovery channel was about the ____________ lifestyle and how they like to weave rugs.

      Delete
  18. I watched the ______ in the fight with the buff and tough bully against the weak, and skinny child.


    I tried to _____ the temptation to steal the last chocolate chip cookie from the can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please revise both sentences.

      Delete
    2. I tried to ignore the ______ in the fight.


      I couldn't ______ taking the last cookie in the jar.

      Delete
  19. I tried to be ________________________so I could give a family a home.

    I learned about the__________________ lifestyle it was very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please revise both sentences.

      Delete
    2. Ok here they are: Tony had __________________his grandmother when he bought back her bracelet.
      Tony's grandmother lived in a tiny______________ in the barren desert were there were many tall________________.

      Delete
    3. Oh wait here are some more; I ______________the thought of taking over the world.
      I felt__________________ when I saw some kids that didn't like each other start playing together because I given them some tips.

      Delete
  20. Being __________ is not a right, it is responsibility that not all possess.

    The children ________ themselves to the front of the bus line rudely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was very ________ when charitable people helped out my town after the tragic earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  22. After fifty push ups I had to ________ my strength, and give up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though it cost a lot of money, the excited look on his brother's face and the __________ thank-yous the present giver received the made him feel very altruistic.

    They were always trying to do __________ things to help out others when they face hardships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please revise the second sentence.

      Delete
    2. A __________ deed is better then a good deed because you are being generous and thoughtful, rather than just being thoughtful.

      Delete
  24. Phils grandparents and his family are part of the ________ tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The ________ Natives lived in southwest USA.

    ReplyDelete
  26. _______ is the practice of unselfish concern.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As I approched the top of the hill I could see top of the _________.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I almost got to the top of the rocky hill in the canyon, I could see the top of the __________.

      Delete
  28. My great-grandpa was part of the navijo tribe, he lived in one of the biggest __________ in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My great-grandpa was part of the Navajo tribe, he lived in one of the biggest __________ in town.

      Delete
  29. When being ____________ make sure that it's not for the 100$ make sure that your the one who's in it for the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When volunteering or being ___________ you should do it because of others.

      Delete
  30. In the war for the United States, England finally _____________ to our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I walked by the huge_____ in the desert and stopped and stared as it towered over me with the steep sides.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The ___________ you show by being concerned of the well being of others can change the way other think of you. Navajo people are dedicate their time to build ____________ for other friends and family members and they build it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ________ isn't just something you show it is a way of life
    .
    I chose to _________ my urge to join my friends when they were planning to vandalize the school because I knew what the right thing to do was.

    ReplyDelete
  34. People from my town were _______________ when they donated their time and effort to helping the homeless shelters.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I helped build my family's _______ by collecting logs and dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I _______ my pride after my opponent knocked my sword out of my hand while battling.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are countless ways to be ____________, it should not just consist of donating money.

    ReplyDelete
  38. They relinquished the thought of trying to climb the giant _____ thats found in the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  39. _______are what the navajo native american live in and they are made of natural resources such as dirt and earth. They are shaped like half a circle.

    ReplyDelete
  40. ________ shelter the Navajo natives from the blazing hot sun of the desert.

    It was _____________ to win the game and hopefully next year we can keep the cup.

    ReplyDelete