Saturday, January 24, 2015

Potential and Kinetic Energy!

Post your thoughts about our roller coaster experiment! What did this activity help you learn about potential and kinetic energy?  What about acceleration? Velocity? Relative Motion?

4 comments:

  1. I learned if you have a steep roller coaster the marbles potential energy will have so much energy stored inside it. I watched my groups and I saw how fast the marble went. Potential energy is the energy stored inside the marble and Kinetic energy is the energy when the marble is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project the roller coaster taught me about Potential and Kinetic energy because of some of the things our group encountered. Potential energy on our roller coaster was when it went down the track which meant it was storing up energy so it could go through the loop. And Kinetic energy on our roller coaster was when the marble was moving along the track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learned many things about kinetic and potential energy. Such as when a a ball has a lot of energy when the stick hits the ball which will probably be potential energy. But when the ball that had energy hits the ball with no energy the energy from the ball that did have energy transfers to the ball with not any energy. Another thing is that when all of the potential energy is not coming out it stores inside of the object and then the kinetic energy comes out. Kinetic energy does the opposite of potential energy which means it makes object stops moving instead of moving fowards. So that is all the things I have learned about kinetic and potential energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great experiment. I learned the acceleration that made the marble go was from the hills and drops. If we did not have the drops It would not go through the loops.

    ReplyDelete