Thursday, February 5, 2015

WOW!

WOW...What a debate!

I am truly impressed with the level of research, the persuasive techniques, and the passion everyone showed in their decisions.

We have a lot of work to do.  Please share your ideas for fundraising in a blog post.  Dont forget to include the side you voted for!

ONE SENTENCE IS NEVER ENOUGH!

24 comments:

  1. I voted for Idea Paint. One way we could raise money is by making paper things such as origami and selling them. We would not have to pay anything to get the supplies needed in order to make them. Therefore, it is a priceless and easy way to make money. I am also suggesting this as something people raising money for charity could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for charity because I was in the charity group and I truly believe we can help them and that donating will make each of us a better person. To raise money for charity we could donate a copy of "A long walk to water" to each classroom that participates. We could also hand out japanese erasers to each student that donates money to our charity. We can help a lot just by getting each class to donate at least $50 and higher. To raise $50 per class that is $2 if that class has 25 students. If the teachers want to join in they can think of this as a friendly competition. That is why I voted for charity and my idea for how to raise money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should do a bake sale. I saw and herd that bake sales get a lot of money. This idea would help us raise a lot of money for charities we would donate to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an idea of how we can raise money for charity. Sometimes at lunch stuff is sold to help raise money for something. I have LOTS of things I can sell at lunch to help raise money, and I think other people may too. We could sell pieces of paper that people write their names on and we hang them up around the school. We could have bronze donors (50 cents) silver donors ($1) and gold donors ($2). Then that would also make people want to donate money when they see "Billy Bob: Bronze Donor" or something similar to that. I am sure if we ask Mrs. Ferrell or Mr. Pestone arranges something that this can happen, as ALL (100%) of the money goes to charity. If anyone wants to help me out with this idea, reply, and I will make sure that you help sell items at lunch. We would probably start around monday, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in the idea paint group and I think that we should shovel peoples drive ways and door steps. We can charge a reasonable amount of $5 for just one and $10 for both. If that does not work we can sell art. Such as copies of the art we made in school or some new ones that we just made up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the Charity fundraiser I agree with Jake on just putting out a jar and make it a friendly competition. So have a bronze category that would be like 2-6 dollars, and then have a silver category that’s 8-12$, and then 13$ and over would be the gold category. We would then put the results up on a bulletin board

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we should make money for the fundraiser by having everybody make something. We could make anything from a craft to origami or even accessories. Then we can sell them at lunch to other students or to our family members and neighbors. We would sell each item to a reasonable price so someone doesn't buy a rainbow loom bracelet for $10,000; they would be sold at what we think they actually cost. Everyone will sell their own things so that they can donate to whatever fundraiser they like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Viola and i know how to sew, so we could sew pillows and other things and sell those. We could also have one class period to make things with supplies, or make them at home and sell them! Some classes have sold things at lunch on the stage or on their free time. Maybe we could organize a time as a class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds totally great! We could have a booth set up at lunch!

      Delete
    2. I am raising money for Idea Paint

      Delete
  9. One way we could save money for the idea paint is maybe if we trace a coloring picture to sell in the cafeteria and the people who buy the picture could color it in. If we do this maybe we can sell it for $1.00 each.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I personally think that we should use a website to raise money. I feel this because this charity will not only be exposed to our classroom, it will be exposed to people everywhere that feel that this cause is money worth. That is why I think that we should use a website!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A way we can raise money is we sell stuff. At lunch we can bring stuff or make stuff to sell a person can give money and write their name on a sheet and we can make them be noticed. Stuff like scarves, hats, toys, bracelets, and more could be a benefactor of the selling booth. if we raise 500$ we could donate money to charity and get idea paint for our classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think a good idea to get money is to make or bring hats or toys that you don't need and we could sell them at lunch so, we could get money

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am routing for getting money to get us idea paint and my idea is making rainbow loom bracelets. Rainbow loom bands are bracelets that you knit yourself with tiny bands that come with it. I think this is a good idea because instead of just asking for money, they get something for donating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charity was the topic I chose and I actually have some good ideas of how we can get the money!
    We can make bracelets or sell books we have that we think might interest some of the kids in our grade. Also make bake sales on the weekend and get the money or we can make cool thing like pillows and clothing! We can make our world a better place (I know we can).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we could make a bake sale. We could sell brownie and cookies. Brownie mix can make a lot of brownies per box, and also would not be terribly hard to bake. Another thing that we could make would be peanut butter cookies. A single jar of peanut butter can make a lot of cookies, and they are very easy to make, requiring that we only press down the peanut butter with a fork and stick it in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We could ask for people to donate during lunch and if they donate they go on a board of donators. There could be sections the first gold which is 5.00 above, silver 2.5 and above and bronze 0.50 above. If they donate they should get a small gift bag to show they can change the world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel that if we do both fundraisers at the same time we will have a argument of who gets the money so I think that we should do one before the other. I am not saying that we should do one over the other but if do both at the same time we will argue of who should give the money to who. But if we do them individually no one will argue and it will be fair. So this is what i think that we should do for the raising of the money for the charity and the idea paint.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted in favor of us supporting a charity. I think we can raise money by a school wide bake sale. If everyone in the school supports our cause than we can have everyone make something. We'll have flyers up all over town and maybe we could even try to get a small article in the newspaper. If we have a bake sale we are sure to raise a lot of money for whatever cause we end up giving to.

    ReplyDelete




  19. I have a few ideas how to raise money for idea paint. We could get the whole school together and tell them about idea paint and put one jar for donations so our class and others can have idea paint. By doing this we could be charitable by raising enough money for idea paint for our classroom and other classrooms in our school, who would like to have idea paint to. Another idea to raise money for idea paint is to set up a bake sale in school and outside of school. I hope we can raise enough money for idea paint with these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, I respectfully disagree with this. People (and by people, I mean students) aren't just going to make a flat donation for us. They may think that they have better uses for their money. Idea Paint would cost about $280 for each classroom because of the idea paint left over. Some people may even think that is selfish of us (no offense!) that we are trying to get their money for OUR convenience.

      Delete
  20. We could take donations as a kind of raffle. We could do

    1 ticket: $2
    3 tickets: $5
    20 tickets: $35
    The winner could win a fourth or a half or something of the money we raise.

    ReplyDelete