I have a prediction that the night gardener is Mr.Wincer, also that the night gardener asked molly to have a job working for him I cant wait to read more to find out if I am right or wrong!!
Jake, Mr. Windsor does not keep slaves, and he does not seem brave enough to do anything that may be dangerous. He seem very timid, although that could be an act.
I have a prediction. I think that the lady that molly and he brother met on the way to the house could be the night gardener. what do you think it could be?
Well Ryan I thing it might be a women maybe but the thing I do not get is that on the cover it looks like a man. good question but what do you think is it a man or a women?
I respectfully disagree samylle i think the night gardener is a man. I think this because on the cover of the book it shows a human and the human has a men like body wearing a hat.
Maybe because the mom wouldn't let her get rid of it so that must mean there is something special about it. Either that or the mom REALLY likes trees, but I think it is #1.
I infer that when Penny felt something grabbing her feet it was the night gardener who was not worms. I infer this because on the cover the picture is of the night gardener standing next to the old tree in which the hole is next to.
Great ideas everyone! I think the night gardener does live in the tree, because the cover has SOMEONE standing in front of a tree, holding a gardener tool.
I think the book is amazing and I'd give it 10-10! I love the book so much. This book has inspired me to work harder on my work in school. But what do you guys think of it? PS: the book is so scary
I think that something scary is going to happen because it is around Halloween and mr pestone said he picked out a scary book. Also I thing that something might happen to kip because the brother said that he will be sorry or at least that's what I thought he said
I infer that the tree in the Wincors yard is very important for the Wincors. and the night gardener waters the tree at night so it stays alive. I think that if the tree gets cut down the Wincors will be cursed.
Me to Danny. But I respectfully disagree with your last sentence. I think that the wisers are already under a curse because of the picture that was taken before they moved into the mansion they had golden, brown hair and darker skin but when they moved in the I think the a curse changed them.
nice one Julia but I think that kip should of did that because if he did not it would make it easier for pennys brother to drop the worms down pennys throught
I am not getting into the book, but I think once something happens involving the night gardener, the book will get going. Right now I feel like it is a little slow, but that's just me. Also, I think that the night gardener has something to do with the picture Molly saw, where the family looked like they had life in them. Maybe the Night Gardener at the house sucked the life out of them.
I TOTALLY agree with you, Evelyn! For some reason I just can't get a grip on what is happening. I get the basic plot and theme, but I just can't envision what it looks like. But I will trust Mr. Pestone on this one, who said it DOES get better.
I infer that whoever is the the night gardener is the one who is draining the Wincors. I know this because Molly said after she looked at their family portait from last summer she realized that they looked a lot different and dull, she said something is draining them. For that reason I think the night gardner is draining them.
I predict that the family Is possessed by the night gardener when they moved to the creepy old house. I infer this because the family portrait gives a clue to what the problem is and gives a hint because mistress wincer said in the book that the portrait was painted just before they moved into the dreadful estate. And I also predict that the night gardener lives in the old tree because mistress wincer seemed very defensive about kip cutting the branches.That is what I predicted in the mysterious book!
I infer that they are going to leave the house and go to a new house.As they take their journey to the new house i predict they will found who the night gardener is.
Nice prediction Luke, I know like I was Molly or her brother I would leave. But were would they go if they left, they have no family, money, or friends?
I respectfully disagree because why would in the cover of the book the night Gardner is standing in front of the tree and also in the book, worms probably didn't grab penny's foot it was maybe a human hand! That is what I infer.
It looks like the shape of the night gardener, sort of when you watch a cartoon and they go running through a wall and their shape is in the wall! And if you want to see the cover, you should go here. http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1411447390l/18405537.jpg
I think the person who was following Molly's brother is the night gardener. I'm surprised Molly stood up for her brother after the fight since he never did any thing for her. Mistress wincer is treating Molly and her brother very meanly and I think she should be more nice and polite.
I predict that Alester will try to get revenge on kip. I think this because kip got him in trouble. Another prediction is that mrs. Winsour is the night gardener. I think this because she looks different in the picture than now.
I infer that master winzer or Constance or alastar I think alastar is most likely due to the fact he’s tall .I also think Constance because of how skinny she is and the inscription in the book [from mollys point of view] tall and fiar.
I infer that the green room has something to do with the night gardener, I also believe that the Windsors know who the night gardener is. I think the night gardener controls the creepy magic that the house seems to hold. I think that the house is somehow draining the feeling and energy out of the Windsors because of the picture Molly saw painted that was supposedly painted last summer. There is no way that a person could change so much in only a few months.
Honestly i think the book is amazing it gives suspense and it has a lot of action in it i would give it a 10 out of 10 im very eager to see who the night gardener is. Who do you think it is??
I noticed: the tree looks as if it were OUTSIDE... and I don't think the windsors would let Penny have an important tree in her room! What do you think?
I would think that possibly, the 2 men that showed up at the door are the main bad guys in the story. They are obviously using something against Mr. Windsor to keep him paying them so much money.
I wonder what the actual purpose of the tree is. I think it could be a sacred place, or a meeting place. Possibly also a magical portal, or a fairy grotto.
I think that mistress windsor and mr windsor are the night gardner because they look different in a picture then they do now
ReplyDeleteI have a prediction that the night gardener is Mr.Wincer, also that the night gardener asked molly to have a job working for him I cant wait to read more to find out if I am right or wrong!!
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job but, I think you should have explained why you think that Mr.Wincer is the night gardner.
DeleteGood job, but I respectfully disagree with you, The Night Gardener sounds powerful and Master Windsor doesn't seem very powerful at all.
DeleteI also respectfully disagree. Mr. Windsor has so many slaves he probably wouldn't do it. Great thinking though!
DeleteJake, Mr. Windsor does not keep slaves, and he does not seem brave enough to do anything that may be dangerous. He seem very timid, although that could be an act.
DeleteI have a prediction. I think that the lady that molly and he brother met on the way to the house could be the night gardener. what do you think it could be?
ReplyDeleteI never thought about that and I agree. do you think she will come back?
DeleteI never thought of that either. Good memory.
DeleteI think that could be possible samylle, but I have a question for you. Do you think that the night gardener will be a man or woman?
DeleteWell Ryan I thing it might be a women maybe but the thing I do not get is that on the cover it looks like a man. good question but what do you think is it a man or a women?
DeleteI agree with you I am not sure.
DeleteI respectfully disagree samylle i think the night gardener is a man. I think this because on the cover of the book it shows a human and the human has a men like body wearing a hat.
DeleteI really enjoy the night gardener. It is a very suspenseful story. I predict Molly will try to find out why that tree was so important.
ReplyDeleteI agree because the tree is really big and creepy, I think it has something to do with penny's family.
DeleteI read up to were we are now and I infer that as well.
DeleteI agree because mistress Windsor said do not cut the tree or even touch it it is to close.
DeleteI think Kipp will be the one to push Molly to find out the mystery of the tree. What do you think?
DeleteJake your prediction is good but why do you think molly would try to find out why it is important?
DeleteMaybe because the mom wouldn't let her get rid of it so that must mean there is something special about it. Either that or the mom REALLY likes trees, but I think it is #1.
DeleteI think that the tree may be hollow, containing a compartment inside, or a meeting place of some kind
DeleteI infer that when Penny felt something grabbing her feet it was the night gardener who was not worms. I infer this because on the cover the picture is of the night gardener standing next to the old tree in which the hole is next to.
ReplyDeleteoh -ya that is a good inference now that you say that now I thing that that is going to happen. great inference ryan.
DeleteI respectfully disagree because the book said that the worms were touching her toes.
Deleteryan i respect fully disagree because worms live in the dirt by plants and it said she was buried under ground
DeleteYes but Liam, in the story it states that something was trying to pull Molly under
DeleteAnd worms can't pull you underground
DeleteJulia, in the book it says the worms hadn't even reached the hole yet and penny was already screaming for help
DeleteWoah...
DeleteYou guys are really starting to put the pieces together!
Great attention to detail!
Good job Ryan, I agree with you because Penny said the worms were biting her and worms don't bite.
DeleteThat is true it could be the night gardened but how do you know that the night gardener lives in the tree?
DeleteGreat ideas everyone! I think the night gardener does live in the tree, because the cover has SOMEONE standing in front of a tree, holding a gardener tool.
DeleteWell I think that he lives in the tree because, when Kip ran across the lawn to Molly's room he saw a man next to the old tree.
DeleteYes, but that man might not have been the night gardener!
DeleteAlthough, she was clearly scared of the worms. It is very easy to imagine stuff when you are terrified.
DeleteI think the book is amazing and I'd give it 10-10! I love the book so much. This book has inspired me to work harder on my work in school. But what do you guys think of it? PS: the book is so scary
ReplyDeleteI think that something scary is going to happen because it is around Halloween and mr pestone said he picked out a scary book. Also I thing that something might happen to kip because the brother said that he will be sorry or at least that's what I thought he said
ReplyDeleteGood thinking leesil. I like how you used " I know this because."
Deletegreat one Leessil because when kip got up the book said kips leg hurt
Deleteuh oh scary that doesn't sound to good. I hope there is no blood! good job justine
ReplyDeleteHi Everyone, I'm seeing A LOT of inferences, but not many of them are supported by background knowledge or clues from the book.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to use phrases like " I know this because" or "in the book it said"
Also, You don't have to make an inference....you can just discuss the plot if you want!
I think Molly is always being very overprotective of her brother Kip. My sister always does that to me when I have problems.
ReplyDeleteBrian- do you think that is a bad trait?
DeleteI infer that the tree in the Wincors yard is very important for the Wincors. and the night gardener waters the tree at night so it stays alive. I think that if the tree gets cut down the Wincors will be cursed.
ReplyDeleteDanny good one I think that to or maybe one of the Windsor is the night Gardner
DeleteMe to Danny. But I respectfully disagree with your last sentence. I think that the wisers are already under a curse because of the picture that was taken before they moved into the mansion they had golden, brown hair and darker skin but when they moved in the I think the a curse changed them.
DeleteI think kip did a good thing for Penny even though violence is never the answer he still was fighting the good fight.
ReplyDeletenice one Julia but I think that kip should of did that because if he did not it would make it easier for pennys brother to drop the worms down pennys throught
DeleteEwww!😝😝
DeleteI am not getting into the book, but I think once something happens involving the night gardener, the book will get going. Right now I feel like it is a little slow, but that's just me. Also, I think that the night gardener has something to do with the picture Molly saw, where the family looked like they had life in them. Maybe the Night Gardener at the house sucked the life out of them.
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY agree with you, Evelyn! For some reason I just can't get a grip on what is happening. I get the basic plot and theme, but I just can't envision what it looks like. But I will trust Mr. Pestone on this one, who said it DOES get better.
DeleteI infer that whoever is the the night gardener is the one who is draining the Wincors. I know this because Molly said after she looked at their family portait from last summer she realized that they looked a lot different and dull, she said something is draining them. For that reason I think the night gardner is draining them.
ReplyDeleteI predict that the family Is possessed by the night gardener when they moved to the creepy old house. I infer this because the family portrait gives a clue to what the problem is and gives a hint because mistress wincer said in the book that the portrait was painted just before they moved into the dreadful estate. And I also predict that the night gardener lives in the old tree because mistress wincer seemed very defensive about kip cutting the branches.That is what I predicted in the mysterious book!
ReplyDeleteI think the night gardener is the creepy tree.I think this because it shows in the front cover him standing next to a tree.
ReplyDeletegreat one Luke but can you explain that better why?
DeleteOk thank you Liam for the advice.
DeleteI infer that they are going to leave the house and go to a new house.As they take their journey to the new house i predict they will found who the night gardener is.
ReplyDeleteNice prediction Luke, I know like I was Molly or her brother I would leave. But were would they go if they left, they have no family, money, or friends?
DeleteI respectfully disagree because why would in the cover of the book the night Gardner is standing in front of the tree and also in the book, worms probably didn't grab penny's foot it was maybe a human hand! That is what I infer.
DeleteYour right Nathan where would they go i will think about that thank you for the comment.
DeleteMaeve but the human is inside the tree though if you look at the cover.
DeleteVery good point Luke! I never noticed that great memory. It looks like the night gardener is engraved into the tree! I agree with you.
DeleteIt looks like the shape of the night gardener, sort of when you watch a cartoon and they go running through a wall and their shape is in the wall! And if you want to see the cover, you should go here. http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1411447390l/18405537.jpg
DeleteI think the person who was following Molly's brother is the night gardener. I'm surprised Molly stood up for her brother after the fight since he never did any thing for her. Mistress wincer is treating Molly and her brother very meanly and I think she should be more nice and polite.
ReplyDeleteI predict that Alester will try to get revenge on kip. I think this because kip got him in trouble. Another prediction is that mrs. Winsour is the night gardener. I think this because she looks different in the picture than now.
ReplyDeleteI infer that master winzer or Constance or alastar I think alastar is most likely due to the fact he’s tall .I also think Constance because of how skinny she is and the inscription in the book [from mollys point of view] tall and fiar.
ReplyDeleteGreat reasons why... but WHAT ARE THEY!!!
DeleteOh and that that hole is a little weird and is possibly related to the night gardener.
ReplyDeleteI like the book the detail is really big and there's just enough action for a fifth grade book.
ReplyDeleteI infer that the green room has something to do with the night gardener, I also believe that the Windsors know who the night gardener is. I think the night gardener controls the creepy magic that the house seems to hold. I think that the house is somehow draining the feeling and energy out of the Windsors because of the picture Molly saw painted that was supposedly painted last summer. There is no way that a person could change so much in only a few months.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the tree drains their souls. I think this because the mom didn't want Molly to get rid of the tree.
DeleteHonestly i think the book is amazing it gives suspense and it has a lot of action in it i would give it a 10 out of 10 im very eager to see who the night gardener is. Who do you think it is??
ReplyDeleteI noticed: the tree looks as if it were OUTSIDE... and I don't think the windsors would let Penny have an important tree in her room!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think?
Well... If I was grown up I would not let my kid have a gigantic tree in her room.
DeleteI think Mr.Windsor just got the key to the room with the green door. Mabye their is something magical or evil behind the door.
DeleteDo we actually have any proof that the tree is important?
DeleteI would think that possibly, the 2 men that showed up at the door are the main bad guys in the story. They are obviously using something against Mr. Windsor to keep him paying them so much money.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what the actual purpose of the tree is. I think it could be a sacred place, or a meeting place. Possibly also a magical portal, or a fairy grotto.
ReplyDeletei agree henry
ReplyDelete